Author: Adrian Francisco
If Google Chrome auto-launching is causing performance issues on your computer, please follow the steps below to disable Chrome auto-launching.
Detailed Solution (step-by-step):
- Right-click on the taskbar (bar at the bottom of your screen), click Task Manager:
- In Task Manager, select Startup.
- In Startup, right-click on Google Chrome and select Disable.
Validation (how do I know it works?):
1. Once you disable Google Chrome, it will show as disabled in Task Manager:
2. You should also reboot and see if Chrome starts back up when you log in.