What to do when your 8x8 Softphone phone won't make outgoing calls.
Detailed Solution (step-by-step):
Not getting a ring back when attempting to dial out.
Unable to pickup an incoming call when it flashes.
Both of these issues can be resolved by following these steps.
- ALWAYS use Google Chrome.
- ALWAYS make sure you logout properly and not just click on the X in the upper right hand corner.
- Ensure you don't already have the app or the site open.
- Confirm your internet is working by visiting random websites.
- If you suspect its a headset issue, ensure the headset is plugged in correctly. Or try another headset.
- Ensure you are logging into https://sso.8x8.com/sso/login
- Clear the temp files every so often. Follow these steps to clear these files in Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome
- Open the Menu (three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner)
- highlight more tools.
- On the windows that opens click on Clear browsing data or press Ctrl-Shift-Del
- On the window that pop's up change the time range to All time
- Click on CLEAR DATA in the bottom right of the window
- Click on OK
- Close the Settings tab
- Report the issue to your manager.
- Record any screenshots, errors and transactions ID's and fill out a descriptive support ticket.
Validation (how do I know it works?):
You will now be able to make and receive calls properly.