The user is getting calls that they would like to block
Detailed Solution (step-by-step):
1. Log in to Virtual Office Desktop or Online.
2. Go to Settings (in Virtual Office Desktop, click Virtual Office > Preferences > Account Settings).
3. Click Call Forwarding.
4. Click +Add New Rule.
5. Enter a Rule Name (e.g., Blocked Numbers).
6. In the Call From tab, click to un-check the Anyone box to make the other options available.
- To block specific numbers:
- Check the box for Or any of the phone numbers listed below.
- Enter a phone number (if the number is in your contact list, it will automatically populate).
- Click Add.
- To add more numbers, continue to enter them in one at a time.
Note: To block groups of numbers such as an area code, just enter the first few digits. For example, if the area code is 555, enter the blocked number as 1555 and click Add.
7. Click the Date and Time tab to set options for when the number(s) should be subjected to the blocker rule.
8. Click the Forward To tab.
- To block the call outright (caller will hear a busy signal), select Drop Call.
- To send calls to a different destination:
- Select Forward Calls to:
- Enter an alternate phone number.
- Click Add. The alternate number(s) will populate below.
- If desired, set options for how these numbers will ring.
9. Click OK to save rule.
10. Click Save to save the new forwarding settings.
You can edit, copy, or delete rules at any time by returning to Call Forwarding in Settings.
Validation (how do I know it works?):
Your phone will stop receiving calls from the numbers specified