The 8x8 Virtual Office application is used to control the softphone capabilities of your phone. Single-sign-on (SSO) uses your Welk network credentials to login to the 8x8 Virtual Office application. This method means you do not have to remember a separate password to login to Virtual Office as long as you are logged into the computer it is running on.
Anywhere that you login to 8x8 on the desktop app or on the website be sure to use single sign on or login using SSO
Detailed Solution (step-by-step):
- Start 8x8-Virtual Office from your programs menu or a desktop shortcut if you have one
- At the first window click on the USE SINGLE SIGN ON link
- On the next window click on the LOG IN USING SSO link
- Next enter your email address (ex email@example.com) and click CONTINUE
- From the next window, leave all settings as they are and click on SIGN IN
- If you are asked for a username and password this will be the same username and password you use to login to the PC
Validation (how do I know it works?):
You will be signed into Virtual Office and can use the softphone capabilities of your 8x8 extension. Once you go through these steps the first time, the process is shortened and you will enjoy the luxury of single sign on quickly and efficiently.